From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: drobbins@××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] EAPI 2 Draft
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2008 15:58:59
1 Alec Warner kirjoitti:
2 > On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 12:39 AM, Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o> wrote:
3 > David Leverton wrote:
4 >>>> 2008/9/5 Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>:
5 >>>>> Both approaches are essentially equivalent but it's a little simpler
6 >>>>> for ebuild writer if they don't have to customize the output file name.
7 >>>> But is it so much simpler as to justify adding a special
8 >>>> gitweb-specific hack to the package managers?
9 > Well, it's not much different from the existing file extension logic
10 > that's already built into the unpack function. I think what really
11 > matters is whether or not the majority of people see it as a useful
12 > extension.
13 >
14 >> I think the question isn't 'why is this functionality being made
15 >> available'; I think to me it is useful piece of code.
16 >
17 >> I question its inclusion in the PM though; I would rather see it in
18 >> eutils or something similar.
19 >
20 >> Arguably you could inherit a function from eutils that does SRC_URI
21 >> transformation for you.
22 >
23 >> SRC_URI="foo bar baz;sf=tbz2"
24 >> src_uri_gitize
25 >
26 >> would transform "baz;sf=tbz2" into "baz;sf=tbz2 -> baz.tar.bz2"
29 I think this is better than having it in EAPI2. You could even move
30 SRC_URI above inherit and automatically transform the URI.
31
32 Regards,
33 Petteri