From: Andrew D Kirch <trelane@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: A Little Council Reform Anyone?
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 02:50:24
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > < trelane> ciaranm: I want Paludis to fail. It's unhealthy (or at least
3 > the loudest and most visible of it's devs are) for Gentoo.
4 >
5 > < trelane> lets be VERY clear on that point. So long as Paludis, and
6 > the culture it creates are unhealthy for Gentoo I want it to fail.
7 >
8 > < trelane> ciaranm: that's put in a manner that seems to be a somewhat
9 > knee-jerk reaction. It should be clear that opposing you and everything
10 > you do was an initiative I started only after careful consideration.
14 Ciaran, you are killing Gentoo. You wrote a demonstrably error prone
15 GLEP 39, then tried to exploit it to ram through GLEP 55, and you got
16 caught. You've created a huge amount of red tape, needless bickering
17 argument, and have utterly hamstrung every council ever convened.
18 Ciaran, you will not be doing this again.
19
20 So there is now a moral question, do I have the right to oppose Ciaran,
21 Paludis, and everything he does? Certainly I do, especially since he
22 has created many, myriad, and manifest arguments in the community
23 (amazingly we're having one now, and I was drug into it). Do I have the
24 right to voice this opinion? Certainly I do. Is the opinion correct?
25 In my eyes yes.
26
27 Note though the second sentence, as it is incredibly important. Ciaran
28 insists on continuing to create red tape for Gentoo, it has created a
29 recent and MAJOR incident in a council meeting which has created bent
30 feelings, and totally hijacked the initiative of the council. Until
31 this behavior stops I will oppose it publicly and loudly.
32
33 I would also point you to the recent council vote, wherein dev-zero was
34 ousted (see the major incident) and peper, who I think is a nice, sane
35 guy in my dealings ended up dead last. This is of course because of his
36 relationship with you Ciaran.
37
38 Ciaran, you are perhaps the least politically capable person I've ever
39 met. It is not possible for you to holdiin your head at the same time
40 two divergent ideas. Your idea of pluralism is that everyone does
41 things your way. Then when that doesn't happen you throw a temper
42 tantrum. You sir, are killing Gentoo for these and many other reasons,
43 and I demand that you stop, I will also unilaterally oppose you until
44 you do.
45
46 Andrew D Kirch
47 Funtoo.org
50 PS: Ciaran, Thank you for comparing me to Rush Limbaugh, I consider it a
51 compliment.