From: Jason Stubbs <jstubbs@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] USE_EXPAND and IUSE
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 15:47:48
1 Hi all,
2
3 So there have been many complaints about how USE_EXPANDed flags don't belong
4 in IUSE. There haven't actually been any reasons given though. :P
5
6 I've assumed that the reasons they haven't been added thus far are due to what
7 emerge's output would look like if they were. So I've taken the liberty of
8 fixing up the output a bit. Now IUSE flags that are expansions of USE_EXPAND
9 will be outputted like this:
10
11 [ebuild N ] kde-base/kde-i18n-3.4.1 +arts -debug +kdeenablefinal
12 -xinerama LINGUAS="-ar -bg -bn -br -bs -ca -cs -cy -da -de -el -en_GB -eo -es
13 -et -eu -fi -fr -fy -ga -he -hi -hsb -hu -is -it +ja -lt -mk -nb -nds -nl -nn
14 -pa -pl -pt -pt_BR -ro -ru -se -sk -sl -sr -sr@Latn -sv -ta -tg -tr -uk
15 -zh_CN" 0 kB
16
17 The format follows the same as standard USE flags but are separated out into
18 the individual variables that enable them. Of course, the ebuilds themselves
19 need to be updated to add the appropriate flags to IUSE.
20
21 Although I believe they should be, I'll leave it up to others to decide
22 whether said flags should be documented in use.desc. However, if it is
23 decided to not document them in use.desc, they won't be dropped from
24 repoman's checks until there is some other way that they can be documented.
25
26 Regards,
27 Jason Stubbs