From: Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Tone in Gentoo
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 01:14:00
1 On 17 June 2010 02:01, Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto
2 <jmbsvicetto@g.o> wrote:
3 > On 16-06-2010 16:39, "Paweł Hajdan, Jr." wrote:
4 >> On 6/16/10 5:33 AM, Sebastian Pipping wrote:
5 >>>  - With these Code of Conduct rules in place how come DevRel
6 >>>    is not publicly reminding of these rules where necessary?
7 >>
8 >> I think the initiative is on the offended person's side. If a developer
9 >> is being aggressive and needlessly argumentative towards other people,
10 >> that's clearly a misconduct. Similarly for aggressive users.
11 >
12 > There is a common misconception here that I feel the need to address. It
13 > was never the direct responsibility of the Developer Relations team to
14 > "police" the communication mediums nor was it assigned the
15 > responsibility to enforce the CoC.
16
17 DevRel is repsonsible for solving conflicts between developers.
18 Apparently I am not the only one who expects DevRel to take an active
19 role in enforcing the CoC, at least where it concerns inter-developer
20 relations. If this is not DevRel's task, then this should be made
21 explicit.
22
23 > There was a mostly silent agreement between some teams, including
24 > DevRel, UserRel, Council and Trustees, that after the Proctors project
25 > was terminated, the enforcement of the CoC, including any moderation or
26 > banning actions, would fall to the UserRel team.
27
28 This is very worrying. Such things should never be a silent agreement.
29 This needs to be open and transparent. This is policy that needs to be
30 explicit.
31
32 Cheers,
33 Ben