From: heroxbd@g.o
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] grub:2 keywords
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 09:11:08
1 Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o> writes:
2
3 > My main concern is that many people probably have sys-boot/grub in
4 > @world.
5
6 How about a news item advising people to put sys-boot/grub:0 in their
7 world file to retain grub:0?
8
9 > If grub:2 is made visible, portage will install it, and will remove
10 > grub-0.97 on the next depclean. This could be a little confusing, but
11 > should not cause any immediate damage since the copy of grub-0.97
12 > installed in the MBR and /boot would remain intact.
13 >
14 > Is this worthy of a news item? Or I just blog about it?