From: Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o>
To: gentoo development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] wayland category
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2019 21:30:01
1 On Sat, Feb 9, 2019 at 2:26 AM Mart Raudsepp <leio@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > Ühel kenal päeval, R, 08.02.2019 kell 16:44, kirjutas Matthew Thode:
4 > > wayland, weston, sway{,lock,idle}, wl-clipboard, etc would be the
5 > > start,
6 > > I'm sure there are a ton I'm missing but I don't know where to put
7 > > things like wl-clipboard, dev-libs doesn't seem right.
10 > Another problem are many of the toolkits and GUI libraries; many either
11 > support wayland and X11 and more, or are really agnostic to it (but
12 > deal with GUI stuff on top of GTK or other stuff), but historically we
13 > have them in x11-libs/. As-is, they'd be better off in dev-libs/, but
14 > really a new gui-libs/ seems better to me.
15 > Maybe the pure-wayland stuff could be in some sort of gui-* category
16 > too.
17
18 Agreed. gui-*/ seems like the best plan.