From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: pclouds@×××××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: locations of binaries and separate /usr
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2012 09:45:42
1 On Mon, 2 Jan 2012 13:24:00 +0700
2 Nguyen Thai Ngoc Duy <pclouds@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On Sun, Jan 1, 2012 at 8:59 AM, William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
5 > wrote:
6 > > Udev, kmod (which is a replacement for module-init-tools which will
7 > > be needed by >=udev-176), systemd, and soon others, are advocating
8 > > a major change to the locations where binaries and libraries are
9 > > stored on linux systems.
10 >
11 > Could you please point me to the discussions where udev, kmod and soon
12 > others are advocating /usr/bin and /bin unification?
13
14 I think he meant 'kmod doesn't provide hacks necessary to installs to
15 two roots at once'.
18 Best regards,
19 Michał Górny