From: Jon Nelson <jnelson@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] changelogs
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 12:11:36
1 On Mon, 5 Nov 2001 13:36:27 -0500
2 Grant Goodyear <grant@××××××××××××××.edu> wrote:
3
4 > > One thing I find I miss in gentoo from other distros is a
5 > > changelog
6 > > of what is different from ebuild to ebuild. Debian, I think,
7 > > has this down pat, although rpm is capable of it as well.
8 ...
9
10 > In lieu of anything more formal, there's always cvsweb, which
11 > is
12 > the method I generally use. Also, it's useful for developers
14 > be subscribed to gentoo-cvs.
15
16 Oh, yeah, sure. However, it's something of a pain, and often
17 times
18 its not very useful anyhow, when different ebuilds don't have
19 a cvs changelog that is very useful. Think "new checkin" versus
20 "fixed bug in -r1 causing foo to barf"
21
22 Incidentally, I find it interesting that gentoo is so
23 python-based
24 and yet uses cvsweb instead of viewcvs (IMHO, superior).