From: "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] repo/gentoo:master commit in: eclass/
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2016 08:28:17
1 On 4/17/16 4:15 AM, Fabian Groffen wrote:
2 > On 16-04-2016 21:05:56 +0200, Michał Górny wrote:
3 >> Congratulations! You've just committed an invalid dependency that is
4 >> going to cause true mayhem on every package using the eclass.
5 >
6 > I assume you've taken proper actions to mitigate this.
7 >
8 >> But why would anyone send patches for review, or even start wondering
9 >> that we might be using USE=libressl all around for some reason...
10 >
11 > While I believe your point is right (patches for review), I think this
12 > style of communication is unnecessary.
13
14 In case you haven't been following the other communications regarding
15 the matter, the USE flag is not necessary here because ssl-cert.eclass
16 does not involve any linking against openssl/libressl. So I'll be
17 recommitting the original patch without the slot operator.
18
19 The original patch is at
20
21 https://gitweb.gentoo.org/repo/gentoo.git/commit/eclass/ssl-cert.eclass?id=7a4d6bd5fcb25d8381bc08e20ad6a5c1c80ad78f
22
23 plus s/:0=/:0/
26 > Thanks,
27 > Fabian
32 Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
33 Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]
34 E-Mail : blueness@g.o
35 GnuPG FP : 1FED FAD9 D82C 52A5 3BAB DC79 9384 FA6E F52D 4BBA
36 GnuPG ID : F52D4BBA