From: Paul <set@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Explain bugs to me
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 01:25:40
1 david mattatall <davidsmind@×××××××××××.com>, on Fri Apr 26, 2002 [11:04:57 PM] said:
2 > Ok so I want to submit a program for an ebuild, why do I have to submit it as
3 > a bug?
4 >
5 > Where can I find documentation on turing it into an ebuild myself, as to save
6 > you guys some work. How can I become a maintainer?
7
8 Hi;
9
10 On the http://www.gentoo.org/ page are several links to
11 such information.
12 As far as ebuilds go, you can probably submit several
13 types of bugs: a) I want prog xyz! please make an ebuild.
14 b) Here is my ebuild for prog xyz! please include it.
15 c) The ebuild for xyz if broked; here is my fix...
16
17 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/ebuild-submit.html
18 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/gentoo-howto.html
19 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/eclass-howto.html
20 etc.
21 (look for 'Developer Resources')
22
23 Paul
24 set@×××××.com
25
26 ps. as part of my ongoing evaluation/observation of this
27 distribution, I have submited an ebuild, and submited a
28 few things I considered bugs, with fixes attached, and they
29 have all had appropriate attention. Gentoo is young, but I
30 continue to be _highly_ impressed.