From: Terje Kvernes <terjekv@××××××××.no>
To: Gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo perffered File system
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 13:27:21
1 Shanon Loveridge <shanon_loveridge@××××××××.uk> writes:
2
3 > I was wondering now that it doesn't look like XFS is the preffered
4 > filesystem to gentoo (Not in gentoo sources and it doesn't look like
5 > it will go into the standard kernel) what is the preffered /
6 > recommended filesystem for gentoo?
7
8 personally I use reiserfs and ext3. but by these days I don't
9 really see any major problems with any of the big three journaling
10 filesystems under linux.
11
12 I have had more filesystem-related problems with ext3 than with
13 reiserfs though. for some odd reason. :-/
16 Terje