From: Terje Kvernes <terjekv@××××××××.no>
To: gentoo-user@g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] USE problems in ebuilds (was: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: the libpng problem)
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 12:56:45
1 Terje Kvernes <terjekv@××××××××.no> writes:
2
3 > Pierre-Henri Jondot <Pierre-Henri.Jondot@×××××××.fr> writes:
4 >
5 > > scilab
6 >
7 > I'll have a stab at this tonight, but I need someone to prod me when
8 > new versions come about, it's not something I'm going to use. if
9 > you don't hear from me about it, poke me.
10
11 hm. this was interesting. I'm doing:
12
13 DEPEND="virtual/x11
14 tk? ( dev-lang/tk )"
15
16 src_compile() {
17
18 local myopts
19
20 if [ "`use tk`" ]
21 then
22 myopts="--with-tk"
23 fi
24
25 ./configure \
26 --host=${CHOST} \
27 --prefix=/usr \
28 --infodir=/usr/share/info \
29 --mandir=/usr/share/man \
30 --sysconfdir=/etc \
31 --localstatedir=/var \
32 ${myopts} || die "./configure failed"
33
34 make all || die
35 }
36
37 and for testing I tried the command line:
38
39 USE="-tk" emerge scilab
40
41 now, the dependency-check comes out as it should, portage doesn't
42 start to grab TCL/TK. _but_ the "`use tk`" doesn't seem to notice
43 the USE="-tk" statement. I have "tk" listed as a USE-flag in
44 /etc/make.conf but I would _really_ expect Portage to ignore that
45 when I explicitly say that I don't want tk right now on the command
46 line. hopefully I'm doing something very stupid, can someone please
47 tell me how to deal with this?
48
49 (sent to both gentoo-user and gentoo-dev, with reply set to
50 gentoo-dev)
53 Terje - who is upgrading to qt3.0.3-r1 right now.