From: John Nilsson <john@×××××××.nu>
To: steve@×××××××××××××××××.org
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Installer For Gentoo
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 07:31:54
1 I fail to see what problem Gentoo+GUI would solve. You are free to do what
2 ever you like, but I will give you an advice.
3
4 Until you feel "comfortable" with bash, and Gnu/(Linux) in general, you have
5 no buissness administrating Gnu/Linux boxes in a corporate environment. Do
6 youself and your company a favour, hire a competent person do do the system-
7 administration.
8
9 Gentoo-Linux, as has been stated before, is more a meta-distribution than a
10 distribution. What this means is that it is not an application you just
11 install and start using. Gentoo-Linux is Portage. Portage is a system
12 administation tool. As all tools it can be abused or it can be used to perform
13 beautiful things. It will, however, require a skilled administrator to be
14 properly wielded.
15
16 /John