From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Closing bugs [was: New Bugzilla HOWTO]
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 06:25:43
1 On Friday 08 July 2005 11:46 pm, Nathan L. Adams wrote:
2 > Mike Frysinger wrote:
3 > >>>This brings up a point that really irks me. In the bug, I believe the
4 > >>> dev implies that the reported bug has merit /yet he closes the bug
5 > >>> before actually doing something about it/. And I don't mean to pick on
6 > >>> Jeffrey; this seems to be a common habit among Gentoo devs.
7 > >
8 > > that's because we got tired of asking for more info/whatever and never
9 > > getting anything back ... so we close the bug, get it off our 'todo'
10 > > lists, and wait for the user to get back to us (not all do)
11 > >
12 > > this is the biggest reason NEEDINFO was created
13 >
14 > Having the reporter be the verifier is a great idea (probably ideal),
15 > but again, you could assign the verification to the Team Lead. If the
16 > Team Lead can get the user to respond, great, otherwise they could do
17 > the QA themselves.
18
19 you missed the point of NEEDINFO
20
21 the bug is closed as NEEDINFO until the reporter gets back to us ... then it's
22 re-opened ... in fact, the entire point is that the reporter *never responds
23 again* so having them verify anything doesnt make any sense in this case
24 -mike
25 --
26 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list