From: Henrik Brix Andersen <brix@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Looking for tester of sys-apps/pcmciautils on AMD64
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 17:56:37
1 Hi all,
2
3 In hope of getting bug #121192 fixed on amd64 I am looking for someone
4 with an AMD64 based laptop and a 16bit PCMCIA card to test with (or
5 alternatively, someone with an AMD64 workstation, a PCI PCMCIA bridge
6 and a 16bit PCMCIA card).
7
8 If this is you, I'd like you to test sys-apps/pcmciautils, the
9 replacement for sys-appc/pcmcia-cs. The IOCTLs for pcmcia-cs are
10 deprecated starting with linux-2.6.13 and scheduled for removal -
11 forcing people to use the newer pcmciautils (udev/hotplug based
12 scripts).
13
14 Please contact me if you're able to help. I'm currently only waiting
15 for sys-apps/pcmciautils to marked stable on amd64 before publishing
16 an official guide for upgrading from pcmcia-cs to pcmciautils.
17
18 Regards,
19 Brix
20 --
21 Henrik Brix Andersen <brix@g.o>
22 Gentoo Metadistribution | Mobile computing herd