From: Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis <Arfrever@g.o>
To: Gentoo Development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] The Python problem
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 12:21:00
2011-06-29 02:33:34 Jesus Rivero (Neurogeek) napisaƂ(a):
> With python-updater, well, some time ago Ali Polatel implemented some > approaches to get rid of python-updater, by exporting some variable in > ebuilds that needed to be rebuilt when new python versions were > installed. I dont recall what happened with that, but we could think > of some ways to finally get rid of python-updater.
He added python_need_rebuild() function, which sets PYTHON_NEED_REBUILD variable, which is checked by python-updater, so that python-updater can avoid checking CONTENTS files in VDB and calling scanelf on all installed files. -- Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis