From: Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] gtk3 useflag and support of older toolkits
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 14:46:27
Le samedi 23 juin 2012 à 14:40 +0100, Ciaran McCreesh a écrit :
> > I'd like to know why using USE flags until a nicer solution is > available > is sufficiently terrible that it warrants a hackaround.
remember qt3/qt4, gtk/gtk2. We want to avoid repeating these "mistakes" hence the guidelines already exposed back when we introduced gtk3 to the tree. As you may have noticed, this is still the solution applied for things hard to split or slot like gtk-vnc or avahi but we didn't see the need to have such USE flags when the library was so easily slottable. -- Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@g.o> Gentoo