From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Tree-signing GLEPs update
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 09:42:09
1 I'm putting the remaining tree-signing GLEPs up here on the lists again,
2 now that I've integrated the requested changes to them. I hoped to get
3 them out before now, but I've had a lot going on as usual.
4
5 Thanks to the following for their questions:
6 - ulm
7 - Calchan
8 - solar
9
10 Hopefully I haven't left any bits out.
11
12 Further questions are strongly encouraged at this point, because there
13 is even less chance I'm going to be present at the next council meeting,
14 as I'll be in Brussels at the time.
15
16 Changes I've made will be summarized in each GLEP mail in this thread.
17
18 The prototype code remains at the same place in CVS:
19 http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/gentoo/users/robbat2/tree-signing-gleps/prototype/
20 - generate-metamanifest.py generates a top-level MetaManifest only, not
21 yet updated for subdirectory Manifests. (I just split the MetaManifest
22 with some bad Perl for size estimations).
23 - gnupg-verify/ speed-daemon ways to verify many signed files. Once you
24 dodge the bad gpgme design of one exec per verify, you're basically
25 limited only by seek time for handling 10k files.
28 Robin Hugh Johnson
29 Gentoo Linux: Developer, Trustee & Infrastructure Lead
30 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
31 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85