From: "Scott A. Friedman" <friedman@××××.edu>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] ebuild download sources are melting!
Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 16:48:36
1 I do not suppose that this is news to anyone but sourceforge's mechanism to make you download from a mirror is causing problems with .ebuilds that reference files there.
2
3 Also, a question, does emerge and friends always try to download from www.ibiblio.org/gentoo/distfiles first? If so, any corrupted files stored there (like rep-gtk-0.15.tar.gz at the moment I write this) will toast any emerge. It would be nice if emerge had a problem with the download, gunzipping, or digest check it would try another source and throw away the bad one. Along with some kinda warning at the end so it can be reported as well.
4
5 Scott