From: Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: RFC: Making backwards-incompatible tree changes | a solution for GLEP 55's problem
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 10:51:16
1 On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 12:28, Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Intent is to restore it to EAPI0- frankly it really depends on what
3 > the python teams intentions are for EAPI0, currently that support is
4 > marked to be removed on "06/2011".
5
6 We'd have to take a look at the complexity distribution, but I think
7 we can probably honor backwards compatibility a bit more than Arfrever
8 intended to.
9
10 > At some point I'll probably drop py2.4 support, but that's likely in
11 > the years time scale.  I'd like to do so at some point, but the gains
12 > aren't big enough to warrant it (plus I'd then be doing a shit ton of
13 > refactoring to py2.5 minimum afterwards).
14
15 We're seeing 2.4 support being dropped from packages at an increasing
16 pace since a few months.
17
18 Cheers,
19