From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Tone in Gentoo
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 07:00:04
I think the "How Open Source Projects Survive Poisonous People" presentation may be helpful here. Summary: <http://www.oreillynet.com/conferences/blog/2006/07/oscon_how_open_source_projects.html> Video: <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSFDm3UYkeE> Slides: <http://www.slideshare.net/vishnu/how-to-protect-yourhow-to-protect-your-open-source-project-from-poisonous-people> Some of the points that I think apply especially to Gentoo would be:
> Attention and focus are scarce resources and you need to protect > them.
> Finally, look out for people unwilling to cooperate with others. Be > wary of people who complain, but are unwilling to help fix the > problem at hand, people who refuse to discuss design and people who > cannot take criticism.
> Perfectionists and people obsessed with process can derail forward > progress (unintentionally).
Paweł