From: Greg KH <gregkh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] UEFI secure boot and Gentoo
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 04:46:53
1 On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 09:28:10PM -0700, Greg KH wrote:
2 > So, anyone been thinking about this? I have, and it's not pretty.
3 >
4 > Should I worry about this and how it affects Gentoo, or not worry about
5 > Gentoo right now and just focus on the other issues?
6 >
7 > Minor details like, "do we have a 'company' that can pay Microsoft to
8 > sign our bootloader?" is one aspect from the non-technical side that I've
9 > been wondering about.
10
11 Oh, and for those that don't know, I did a lot of UEFI secure boot work
12 in the past at SUSE, and should be soon a member of the UEFI
13 "organization" through my work at the Linux Foundation, so I do have a
14 basic grasp of the issues involved, and have a chance to get changes
15 made, if needed, and possible, to the spec itself.
16
17 greg k-h