From: Donny Davies <woodchip@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: [gentoo-dev] dodoc and /usr
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 13:16:59
1 Hi, devs
2
3 The gentoo-howtoo is already updated to reflect the decision about
4 /usr vs /opt vs /usr/X11R6. I did this 3 days ago! Please check it
5 out ;-)
6
7 As for the dodoc thing, I recall a posting to gentoo-dev, several months
8 ago now (well I know it was a while ago, cant remember exactly when).
9 A kind user suggested the same thing Karl is suggesting with html docs.
10 He contributed an dohtml script, that did not compress html pages, and
11 also IIRC made path adjustments on the fly. Anybody feel like digging
12 through the archives to find it? /me dreams of searchable archives.. :)
13
14 Another small point.. it would be a nice idea to have the dodoc script
15 recurse subdirectories.. There are at least a couple of ebuilds using
16 cp -a foo/* ${D}/usr/share/doc/${PF} at the moment.
17
18 Cheers
19 --
20 Donny