From: Mart Raudsepp <leio@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Questions about stabilization requests
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2008 05:32:46
1 On L, 2008-09-06 at 00:33 +0000, Duncan wrote:
2 > Christian Faulhammer <opfer@g.o> posted
3 > 20080905214759.71ca271c@×××××.solaris, excerpted below, on Fri, 05 Sep
4 > 2008 21:47:59 +0200:
5 >
6 > >> 2) Should I file stabilization requests on software that works mostly
7 > >> as in everything that I use it for normally but I can force it to fail
8 > >> if I feed it some really strange input or contrive a specific set of
9 > >> options that will cause invalid or incorrect output.
10 > >
11 > > Try to sort it out with upstream (original package author). Depends
12 > > on the problem, if an older stable version shows the same behavior it
13 > > should be no show-stopper.
14 >
15 > Also, consider merging with FEATURES=test and the test USE flag if
16 > appropriate as well.
17
18 Setting test USE flag is never appropriate as far as I know.
19 FEATURES=test enables the USE flag on its own, and it should never be
20 enabled or disabled in a users USE settings in /etc/make.conf or any
21 other place. FEATURES=test is the thing that can be modified for this.
25 Mart Raudsepp
26 Gentoo Developer
27 Mail: leio@g.o
28 Weblog: http://planet.gentoo.org/developers/leio