From: drobbins@g.o
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ebuild remerge
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 16:05:31
1 On Sun, Feb 11, 2001 at 12:58:18PM -0700, Pete Gavin wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I was thinking, suppose you decided to remerge gcc, and the version
5 > you already had installed had all the platform dependent stuff in
6 > /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-pc-linux-gnu, but when you recompile it, it
7 > wants to put everything in /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu. This
8 > means that if you do ebuild remerge, you'll still have stuff hanging
9 > around in /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-pc-linux-gnu. I think the best way to
10 > avoid this would be to make it so a remerge saves the old contents
11 > list and then does a safe unmerge on it after merging the new one. I
12 > can't think of a pretty way to do this, tho... Do you have any ideas?
13
14 You hit the nail on the head, and this will be how it will work with
15 version 1.0 of Gentoo Linux.
16
17 Best Regards,
20 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>