From: rick philbrick <rickbluebrick@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] rtl8139 DLink 530+TX NIC and driver
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 20:45:36
1 Hi,
2
3 In trying to get the rtl8139 to work on previous
4 versions of gentoo I came across a problem due to the
5 driver being mislabeled. I brought it up then but it
6 is still there....in original condition.
7
8 Its wrong (my guess) in two places.
9 First in /lib/modules..../drivers/net/rtl8139too.o
10 To resolve this I did a cp rtl8139too.o rtl8139.o
11
12 And then in the modules.dep file
13 To resolve that I had to add the path to rtl8139.o
16 One of the NICs this driver supports is the DFE-530+TX
17 by DLink. Yes I realize that it is widely thought of
18 as a POS but its also very cheap. I am cheap so it
19 suits me fine. I have had lots of luck with it.
20
21 Hoping it gets fixed
22 RIckp
23
25 Get personalized email addresses from Yahoo! Mail - only $35
26 a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/