From: Mikael Hallendal <hallski@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Please help doing good looking graphics for Gentoo.
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 16:52:26
1 Hi!
2
3 This is an excellent oppurtunity for non-hacking people that want to
4 contribute to Gentoo Linux. We need nice graphcis which we can use at
5 various places (in grub, gdm/kdm, backgrounds etc.)
6
7 Here are some examples on how the graphics will get used:
8
9 grub (boot-loader):
10
11 Current grub-image: http://cvs.gentoo.org/images/boot3.png
12 In action (taken with dig. cam):
13 http://micke.hallendal.net/gentoo_splash.jpg
14
15 gdm:
16 http://micke.hallendal.net/images/gdm_gentoo/gdm_gentoo1.png
17
18 here we have two different images, the background and the logo.
19
20 backgrounds:
21 in various sizes (preferable well-scaling images).
22 Example at: http://micke.hallendal.net/desktop.png
23
24 So, please start up gimp or whichever is your favorite drawing program
25 and start making great looking gentoo graphics.
26
27 Regards,
28 Mikael Hallendal
32 Mikael Hallendal
33 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team Leader
34 Stockholm, Sweden