From: AGottinger@t-online.de (Achim Gottinger)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] package errors
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 19:06:51
1 michael nazaroff wrote:
2 >
3 > I have had problems with 2 packages on my system. First is avi-xmms will
4 > not ./configure since it cannot find xmms though xmms was merged fine, in
5 > fact I was using it. Next is xmovie which merges fine but spits this error
6 > up >>> Install xmovie-1.7 into /tmp/portage/xmovie-1.7/image/ category
7 > media-video /usr/lib/portage/bin/dobin: xmovie/i486/xmovie is not executable
8 > or does not exist
9 > man:
10 > info:
11 > strip:
12 > >>>Completed installing into /tmp/portage/xmovie-1.7/image/
13
14 Can you please log the compilation fron xmovie to a file and send me
15 that thing?
16 Here the binary got build in the i686 subdir. I assumend it uses CHOST's
17 ix86 as the name
18 for the subdir. Sounds like I'm wrong.
19 Additionally I need a file called config.log from your avi-xmms build
20 dir
21 /tmp/portage/avi-xmms-1.2.2-r1/work/avixmms-1.2.2 to check what problem
22 you got.
23
24 bye achim~
27 > I'm now trying to emerge xmovie-1.6 to see if that works. If I have time
28 > tonight after homework (ugh :o) maybe I can solve the problems but kinda
29 > want to see if anyone else has the same problem as I do?
30 >
31 > So long and see you all later..
32 >
33 > naz