From: suka <suka@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] kde 3.2 beta2
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 21:57:27
1 On Wed, 2004-07-28 at 11:50 -0500, Caleb Tennis wrote:
2 > Which is why alpha1 and beta1 were package.masked.
3 >
4 > I completely fail to understand why it being in package.mask or not has any
5 > bearing on life. If you run into instability problems, they should be
6 > reported, and you should cease to use that version if necessary. Up until
7 > now, all I've heard are success stories, with the occassional "hey, this
8 > doesn't work".
9 >
10 > Installing the 3.3 version does NOT uninstall 3.2, so continuing to use what
11 > is stable for you is still feasible.
12
13 You completly fail to get my point. It's not about MY instability
14 problems because I have none, just because I don't use kde myself. BUT:
15 As a dev I might have to deal with lots of problems and bug reports
16 which result from people using a beta-version of kdelibs 3.3 (I already
17 pointed out one example of this in my original post) because lots of
18 other (non-kde-core) packages link to it.
19
20 anyway, it's your decision but I still don't think it's a good idea...
21
22 bye
23 suka
26 Andreas Proschofsky