From: Alexander Holler <holler@××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Automated system to get ebuilds from unstable to stable needed
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 07:50:28
1 Hi,
2
3 I think there is strong need for a (automated) system to get ebuilds from
4 unstable to stable. Since most new ebuilds now are marked as unstable (~ in
5 keywords), I've got more and more (imho stable) ebuilds where I have to
6 remove the ~. This isn't really a problem with commomly used ebuilds like
7 gcc and kde, but seldom used ebuilds like mtx or rdesktop are
8 problem-candidates.
9
10 I have the following solution in my mind:
11
12 Build a database where all unstable ebuilds are listed. Then offer a
13 webpage where registered users (e.g. use the bugzilla user database) could
14 mark an unstable ebuild as 'works for me under platform xy'. Then there
15 could be an automated algo who makes ebuilds stable, depending on how many
16 users are marked a ebuild as working. The count should be dynamically, e.g.
17 5 marks for rare used ebuilds, but 20 marks for ebuilds like gcc or kde.
18
19 What do you think?
20
21 Regards,