From: "Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn" <chithanh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] eselect init
Date: Sun, 26 May 2013 10:18:45
1 Rich Freeman schrieb:
2 > Granted, I don't know the limitations of the EFI bootloaders that are
3 > out there, but this still seems like something better solved via grub
4 > configuration. When I implemented systemd in one of my VMs I just
5 > added a grub line to boot back to openrc.
6
7 EFI stub kernels just need init=/sbin/<wrappername> in CONFIG_CMDLINE in
8 order to use the wrapper.
9 However, in case of breakage in the wrapper, you would need to boot a
10 fallback kernel or access the EFI shell (not all UEFI implementations allow
11 the latter).
14 Best regards,
15 Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn