From: Thomas Sachau <tommy@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] spec draft for cross-compile support in future EAPI (EAPI-5)
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 18:15:40
Luca Barbato schrieb:
> On 06/16/2012 12:31 PM, Thomas Sachau wrote: >> Since i am not that sure about my ability to write formal specs, i am >> presenting my first draft for further review and suggestions for >> improvement. > > Currently I'm experimenting with evil hack with qemu-static (hopefully > that would make my student life happier later). > > What would be nice on a full multilib/multiabi system is to have > > /lib/ld-linux-foo-arch.so.2 for each active architecture
This should be under control by the libc ebuild/package, not controlled by the package manager.
> > /usr/$CTUPLE/ as destdir for each of them
if you mean $CTUPLE as an arch, so that every arch should have all files for each package, then something like that does not exist. It may be possible with an extended multilib-portage, but since i did not think about it nor tested it, i cant say for sure.
> and possibly split RDEPEND/DEPEND to have HDEPEND to list build > dependencies that need to be run on host.
What should the difference between DEPEND and HDEPEND be? -- Thomas Sachau Gentoo Linux Developer