From: Thomas Sachau <tommy@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] spec draft for cross-compile support in future EAPI (EAPI-5)
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 18:15:40
1 Luca Barbato schrieb:
2 > On 06/16/2012 12:31 PM, Thomas Sachau wrote:
3 >> Since i am not that sure about my ability to write formal specs, i am
4 >> presenting my first draft for further review and suggestions for
5 >> improvement.
6 >
7 > Currently I'm experimenting with evil hack with qemu-static (hopefully
8 > that would make my student life happier later).
9 >
10 > What would be nice on a full multilib/multiabi system is to have
11 >
12 > /lib/ld-linux-foo-arch.so.2 for each active architecture
13
14 This should be under control by the libc ebuild/package, not controlled
15 by the package manager.
18 > /usr/$CTUPLE/ as destdir for each of them
19
20 if you mean $CTUPLE as an arch, so that every arch should have all files
21 for each package, then something like that does not exist. It may be
22 possible with an extended multilib-portage, but since i did not think
23 about it nor tested it, i cant say for sure.
24
25 > and possibly split RDEPEND/DEPEND to have HDEPEND to list build
26 > dependencies that need to be run on host.
27
28 What should the difference between DEPEND and HDEPEND be?
32 Thomas Sachau
33 Gentoo Linux Developer