From: Mart Raudsepp <leio@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: The changes about the stabilization process
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2016 21:53:49
1 Ühel kenal päeval, N, 29.12.2016 kell 20:51, kirjutas Marc Schiffbauer:
2 > * Ulrich Mueller schrieb am 29.12.16 um 16:52 Uhr:
3 > >
4 > > >
5 > > > >
6 > > > > >
7 > > > > > >
8 > > > > > > >
9 > > > > > > > On Thu, 29 Dec 2016, Marc Schiffbauer wrote:
10 > >
11 > > >
12 > > > I'd prefer "package versions" but the people will come up with
13 > > > "sys-apps/eix-1.2.3" or just "1.2.3", not the desired
14 > > > "=sys-apps/eix-1.2.3".
15 > >
16 > > Why would the equals sign be needed there?
17 >
18 > I supposed it to do because I assumed that we are not going to
19 > change
20 > the expected values.
21
22 To my knowledge the sanity checking tool doesn't care either way.
23 I've been adding the = in front for now just in case it helps arch
24 teams to more directly copy-paste the list to their
25 package.accept_keywords or whatnot.
26 I'm sure any further tooling like "app-portage/tatt" can or will be
27 able to handle it either way for the arch dev too.
28
29 > But yes, propably only listing the PV would be enough.
30
31 You mean PVR, or rather $CATEGORY/$PF.
34 As my own worthless 2 dimes on the field naming bikeshed, I'd suggest
35 "Package revisions" (as opposed to just versions).
38 Additionally I would like such a package revision list or in this case
39 even ranges to be used outside stabling/keywording as well. For marking
40 up which package and revision fixes a given bug, as to do independent
41 semi-automatic tracking of bugs that still affect the stable tree. But
42 that's a bikeshed and discussion for next year, once the tooling that
43 could make good use of that gets further along and into this area of
44 topics. Initial thought was to have it as a separate field anyways
45 then, sort of like the one that shows up for RESOLVED DUPLICATE closing
46 of bugs, but for RESOLVED FIXED or some such. Anyways, that's for
47 another thread, another year :)
50 Mart