From: Paul de Vrieze <paul@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Cannot complete install of the v1.1a
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 14:09:03
1 On Thursday 11 April 2002 20:39, Arturas Baranauskas wrote:
2 > Hello.
3 >
4 > I have a problem with the installing of Gentoo Linux v1.1a.
5 > I did everything as it was described on your web page, I just
6 > skiped sections "from stage1 to stage2" and "from stage2 to
7 > stage3" - the documentation says that it's not needed.
8 >
9 > Then I set up the GRUB, reboot Gentoo Linux, and I get
10 > error in this line (/boot/grub/menu.lst file):
11 >
12 > kernel /boot/bzImage root=/dev/hda6
13 >
14 > It says that "a file cannot be found" or something simmilar.
15 > I checked the /boot directory - there is no file named bzImage.
16 >
17 > What am I doing wrong ? Please, help me.
18 >
19 You probably forgot to copy the kernel from
20 /usr/src/linux/arch/i386/boot/bzImage to /boot/bzImage,
21 so do it now.
22
23 Paul
24
25 ps. Don't forget to install modules either
28 Paul de Vrieze
29 Junior Researcher
30 Mail: pauldv@××××××.nl
31 Homepage: http://www.devrieze.net