From: Panard <panard@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Per package use flags?
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 11:34:33
1 Hi,
2
3 I've done something like this a few month ago:
4 look at :
5 http://data.inzenet.org/gentoo
6
7 place the emerge-interactive in /usr/lib/portage/bin
8 then use
9 $ emerge-interactive -I <package>
10
11 Panard
12
13 Le Lundi 30 Juin 2003 12:58, Michael Kohl a écrit :
14 > 1. What?
15 >
16 > Ok, I've found my set of useflags, and acutally I'm pretty happy with
17 > it. But there are some packages which I *always* compile a little
18 > different then the rest of my system (e.g. and don't need every feature
19 > and his grandmother for my mod_php test install on my laptop). So I do
20 > have to
21 >
22 > #USE="-foo bar" emerge foo-bar
23 >
24 > Works, but is not really that nice, especially when you're like me and
25 > forget things like this once in a while.
26 >
27 > 2. Proposed solution:
28 >
29 > A file /etc/portage/custom.use (or however you want to call it), that is
30 > somewhat similar to package.mask (or /etc/portage/package.mask for that
31 > matter as it overrides the standard settings), which contains one entry
32 > per line in the form of:
33 >
34 > foo-bar/foobar "-foo bar"
35 >
36 > So when I emerge a package and portage finds an entry for it in this
37 > file, the useflags will be put in the environment (USE_ORDER =
38 > env:conf:auto:defaults), like the statement
39 >
40 > #USE="..." emerge ...
41 >
42 > would have done.
43 >
44 > 3. You lazy...
45 >
46 > Yeah, I know, all talk no code, but I'm fairly with Python, and after my
47 > first look Portage seemed a little to complicated as a beginner's task
48 > (at least for me). Although at the moment I have no access to a test box
49 > and don't want to fry my main system...
50 >
51 > Comments?
52 > Michael
56 panard@×××××××.org http://www.inzenet.org
57
58 "Computers are like air-conditioners, they stop working properly when you open
59 Windows."
63 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list