From: Andrew Ross <aross@×××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] xchat's use of local USE flag xchatnogtk
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2004 10:09:28
Does anyone know why net-irc/xchat uses the local USE flag xchatnogtk
instead of looking at the global flag gtk?

>From use.local.desc:
net-irc/xchat:xchatnogtk - Disables building the GTK front end to XChat
>From use.desc:
gtk - Adds support for x11-libs/gtk+ (The GIMP Toolkit) Seems like xchatnogtk is simply duplicating the intended effect of -gtk By the way, I checked Bugzilla in case this had already be raised and addressed. Also, a small etiquette question resulting from this email: In future, should queries like this be sent: 1. directly to the maintainer of the package (using the herd email alias when no specific maintainer is listed in metadata.xml)? 2. to gentoo-dev (since it's ebuild-related)? 3. to gentoo-user (so the devs can continue important discussions on gentoo-dev)? 4. bugzilla (although who am I to second-guess devs, esp if there turns out to be a perfectly good reason for it)? 5. some mysterious place as-yet-unknown-to-me place? :-) Thanks in advance Andrew -- gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list