From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: amd64 help
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 09:41:05
1 On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 08:15:18 +0100 (MET)
2 Christian Faulhammer <opfer@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@×××××××.org>:
5 >
6 > > On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 19:17:35 +0100 (MET) Christian Faulhammer
7 > > <opfer@g.o> wrote:
8 > > | As we all notice from time to time, amd64 team is lacking behind a
9 > > | bit, due to various reasons. a) manpower, b) a lot of keywording.
10 > > | Java team asked arch teams if they object when Java team marks
11 > > stable | generation-2 ebuilds on their own, due to the long time it
12 > > takes and | to the amount of ebuilds to be stabilised.
13 > > | So, maybe we can discuss here another helping hand for amd64. Devs
14 > > | that work with a given software (not necessarily the maintainer) on
15 > > | amd64 architecture and when there is a keywording bug open, then
16 > > said | devs can keyword the ebuild. For a short period of time this
17 > > could be | allowed to all devs.
18 > > | Any objections?
19 > > Why not just extend the amd64 team to include people who will only
20 > > work on Java stuff? Other arch teams have no problems with developers
21 > > being onboard only for a few particular packages.
22 >
23 > Because it was meant for every package and I only talk about
24 > keywording ~amd64, not stabling. The latter is handled by the team in
25 > a timely manner, but keywording is put aside (it leads to even more
26 > stabling, once it is keyworded). Java was only mentioned, as they came
27 > up with an idea to help amd64 in special and arch teams in general.
28
29 AFAIK that has been the (unofficial?) policy of the AMD64 team for as long as I can remember.
30
31 Marius
32 --
33 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list