From: m h <sesquile@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] When will KDE 3.5 be marked as stable?
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 23:28:43
1 On 4/3/06, Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò <flameeyes@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 04 April 2006 01:05, m h wrote:
3 > > This isn't meant as flamebait. I'm running stable on my laptop and
4 > > unstable on my desktop. It seems like most KDE release get better
5 > > over time, so I'm just wondering what the process is with KDE?
6 > KDE 3.5.0 was quite broken -and required more patches than usual to get to an
7 > usable state-, KDE 3.5.1 was a bit better but stills some patches were
8 > needed, KDE 3.5.2 is in portage since less than a month, and already had a
9 > few patches with revbumps to few memleaks and crashes, a new kdelibs revbump
10 > is also planned, and umbrello 3.5.2 is regressed compared to 3.5.1 (that
11 > still, vanilla, wasn't usable for activity diagrams at all).
12 >
13 > That said, I doubt we can have anything stable in less that another month or
14 > even two.
17 Diego -
18
19 Thanks for the response.
20
21 Steve-
22
23 Sorry to abuse the list. Feel free to point me to the correct place
24 to post this. I noticed it in the forums a few times without any
25 answer.
28 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list