From: Francesco Riosa <vivo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Ebuilds and USE flags
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 17:06:28
1 Rene Zbinden wrote:
2 > I am writing an ebuild for a program written in perl. This program has
3 > the dependency of gnuplot but with the png flag enabled. What is the
4 > gentoo way to enable this USE Flag for gnuplot when I emerge my program.
7 There is no "active" way, you could only check if the flag was enabled,
8 and fail if it was not, take this example from app-admin/moodss
9
10 ============
11 pkg_setup() {
12 if ! built_with_use dev-lang/tcl threads ; then
13 eerror "Tcl is missing threads support."
14 eerror "Please add 'threads' to your USE flags, and re-emerge tcl."
15 die "tcl needs threads support"
16 fi
17 }
19 --