From: "PaweĊ‚ Hajdan
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] python.eclass EAPI 4 support, this gets really annoying
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 22:51:48
On 10/14/11 3:32 PM, Thomas Sachau wrote:
> What do you expect the council to do?
Say it's OK to make python.eclass not die on EAPI-4. At least my use case will not become broken by this.
> Neither you nor the council can force anyone to do anything.
Not really. It should always be possible to escalate painful issues like this.
> The only thing you can do is to kindly ask about remaining issues and helping with solving them. And > i am sure, that everyone would like to see some help to understand and improve the python eclass. :-)
Maybe we should start over. Seriously, I'm considering proposing some lightweight eclass for python-dependent packages that *works*