From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] busybox[sep-usr] support for mounting /usr w/out hassle
Date: Tue, 01 May 2012 04:10:40
1 On Monday 30 April 2012 22:57:29 Walter Dnes wrote:
2 > The one thing I'm leary of is moving the actual app from /bin/busybox
3 > to /ginit. IANACP (I Am Not A C Programmer), let alone a developer, so
4 > I may be missing something. Is there an overwhelming reason to depart
5 > from the standard location for busybox? Why move the binary to /ginit,
6
7 please read the rest of my e-mail. you snipped the part that explained why.
8
9 > rather than make a symlink from /bin/busybox to /ginit?
10
11 i think you have this reversed. the current ebuild does symlink /bin/busybox
12 to /ginit.
13 -mike