From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Summer of Code students and Planet Gentoo
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 20:32:07
1 On Sunday 28 May 2006 14:42, Christel Dahlskjaer wrote:
2 > On Sat, 2006-05-27 at 20:30 -0700, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
3 > > Daniel Drake wrote:
4 > > > 1. We encourage our students to write about their projects on weblogs,
5 > > > and will set them up temporary weblogs at gentoo-soc.com if they do not
6 > > > have them already
7 > >
8 > > Why a new domain? We've already got a blog setup at
9 > > http://planet.gentoo.org/developers/ and could just add
10 > > http://planet.gentoo.org/summerofcode/ or something. If you want
11 > > something like this, why not (soc|summerofcode).gentoo.org/?
12 >
13 > The worry there was whether it would create controversy if they were
14 > hosted with other developer blogs, so we figured we'd host the actual
15 > blogs off-site (should irk less people, although presumably most will
16 > already have external blogs already) and just aggregate them on
17 > planet/universe (hopefully).
18
19 Perhaps add a nice logo for them on the planet website. This will serve
20 identifying purposes, and as well give extra visibility to the SoC project.
21
22 Paul
25 Paul de Vrieze
26 Gentoo Developer