From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ebuild ACCESS VIOLATION Error again
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 07:58:21
1 On Friday 24 May 2002 15:09, hanez wrote:
2 > hello gentoo devs,
3 >
4 > i'm working on an ebuild for the VRB library. i need this library for
5 > compiling other things. i have read the developer howtos and the
6 > skel.ebuild file and still have no idea how i can fix my problems.
7 >
8 > i think (please correct me if it's false), that when i'm setting
9 > DESTDIR=${D} between make and install in src_install(), the ebuild has
10 > write access to the DESTDIR. when installing VRB i need to have write
11 > access to /usr/bin, /usr/lib and /usr/include. is this possible??
12
13 > LOG FILE = "/tmp/sandbox-vrb-0.3.0-14558.log"
14 >
15 > mkdir: /usr/include/libvrb
16 > open_wr: /usr/bin/_new_iobuffer
17
18 The DESTDIR variable is supported by most (not all) makefile's. This Makefile
19 doesn't so you will need to make a patch on the Makefile, change the prefix
20 at install time or some other hack. A trick in this is to get an src.rpm (or
21 spec file) to look how rpm based distributions use this library.
22
23 Paul
26 Paul de Vrieze
27 Junior Researcher