From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [ANN] Multiple version suffixes illegal in gentoo-x86
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 21:41:25
1 On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 21:29:37 +0200
2 Danny van Dyk <kugelfang@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > The rationale behind this is the following:
5 >
6 > * certain combinations of suffixes don't make sense.
7
8 That's highly subjective.
9
10 > * only recent Portage versions support it.
11
12 I wouldn't call portage-2.1 "recent" as it's been stable for almost a
13 year. The only thing that changed recently (like three months ago or
14 so) was that repoman no longer blocks such versions (see bug #165349).
15
16 Marius
17
18 PS: Though I disagree with the reasoning I don't have a problem with
19 the decision as long as it's just temporary.
20 --
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list