From: Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Reviving GLEP33
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 07:52:21
1 On 7 August 2010 02:18, Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > The thing you're ignoring out of this g55 idiocy is that people don't
3 > particularly seem to want it.  There has been an extremely vocal
4 > subgroup of paludis/exherbo devs pushing for it while everyone else
5 > seems to have less than an interest in it.  That's generalizing a bit,
6 > but is reasonably accurate.
7
8 Exactly. This is Gentoo. Let Exherbo devs go develop their own distro
9 and stop trying to interfere with Gentoo. It is time the council puts
10 a definite stop to GLEP 55.
11
12 > _EITHER WAY_, rather than having g33 get beat down for unrelated
13 > reasons by people screaming they want their pony/g55, g33 can proceed
14 > despite claims to the contrary, and it doesn't require g55 as
15 > ciaran/crew have claimed.
16
17 I for one am a strong supporter of GLEP 33. I believe it is one of the
18 most promising ways to move forward. And I hope the council decides to
19 get behind this.
20
21 Cheers,
22 Ben