From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: locations of binaries and separate /usr
Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2012 20:52:12
1 Olivier Crête wrote:
2 > On Sun, 2012-01-01 at 01:33 -0600, Matthew Thode wrote:
3 >> On Sun, 01 Jan 2012 02:12:22 -0500
4 >> Olivier Crête<tester@g.o> wrote:
5 >> All of my systems currently have a seperate /usr that is mounted at
6 >> boot. Unfortunately I do agree that this is not something that we can
7 >> fight. This was brought up earlier and the only thing we can do
8 >> for people like myself (who mount /usr at boot) is to create a simple
9 >> initramfs that only has the purpose of mounting /usr at boot. The main
10 >> thing I don't like about initramfs is that we have to regenerate it any
11 >> time we update the packages that get included in it.
12 > That's why you have dracut to do it for you.
16 Which is keyworded at this point. Stable users do what?
17
18 Dale
19
23 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!
24
25 Miss the compile output? Hint:
26 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"