From: Mart Raudsepp <leio@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Split desktop profile patches & news item for review
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 23:26:02
On Fri, 2010-03-12 at 16:47 +0100, Ben de Groot wrote:
> > Even so, if we choose not to implement the split now, there are > problems that need addressing in the current situation. The Qt team > finds the mysql dependency that was added to the desktop profile > three months ago (see bug #291996) unacceptable. How would you > propose to solve this without splitting the desktop profile?
Probably by solving the issue there. Either not requiring a mysql USE flag in the relevant places, or USE defaulting it on there for now for just that package; or package.use enabled in desktop profile, instead of globally. -- Mart Raudsepp Gentoo Developer Mail: leio@g.o Weblog: http://blogs.gentoo.org/leio