From: "Petteri R├Ąty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] emerge -C eselect-python disaster
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 10:05:04
On 01/24/2010 07:12 AM, Benny Pedersen wrote:
> > should not be marked as system ? > > it removes python-wrapper and this remove python link from > /usr/bin/python linked to /usr/bin/python-wrapper so all portage does > not work after this, but i solved it with a quickpkg from another host > > my dump question why is it not listed as a system pkg when it really > seems so important ? >
Removing packages with emerge -C is always potentially dangerous. The recommended tool these days is emerge --depclean. emerge -C really only comes to use with blockers and then maintainers should design the upgrade paths so that you don't need to remove anything that breaks things. Regards, Petteri