From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] gtk3 useflag and support of older toolkits
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 18:25:45
1 On Sat, 23 Jun 2012 14:40:50 +0100
2 Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On Sat, 23 Jun 2012 15:33:47 +0200
5 > Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@g.o> wrote:
6 > > Well the problem is simple, we need to ship webkit with gtk2 and
7 > > gtk3 support. This is needed because gentoo has gtk2 based
8 > > desktop/apps and because we want to ship gnome3 for example.
9 > >
10 > > Cool thing is that webkit supports being built with each toolkit
11 > > without conflicting with the build from the other toolkit hence we
12 > > ended up using SLOTS.
13 >
14 > You could just have gtk2 and gtk3 use flags in the ebuild, use
15 > REQUIRED_USE to ensure that at least one is enabled, and build things
16 > twice in the ebuild if necessary.
17
18 Ah, so because a few paludis users may be building an additional
19 variant of webkit-gtk unnecessarily, we should force all Gentoo users
20 to randomly rebuild 1-2 variants depending on how soon they're going to
21 get the USE correctly.
24 Best regards,
25 Michał Górny