From: Dhruba Bandopadhyay <dhruba@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New Dev: ciaranm
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 03:55:44
1 Seemant Kulleen wrote:
2 > Hi All,
3 >
4 > A few weeks ago, we were asked in the sparc channel how people might
5 > become devs. And we gave the standard response: don't ask to be a dev,
6 > just be a dev. Well, two people took us seriously, and you've met one
7 > of them already. I present the second one, now: Ciaran McCreesh, or
8 > ciaranm (pronounced key-ahh-run-um, but you have to say it really fast).
9 >
10 > Ciaran hails from Edinburgh (no, the one in Scotland -- no, not
11 > Scotland, Texas, but Scotland UK -- that's in Europe), where he does
12 > what any self respecting Edinburgh resident does: he uses Gentoo. But,
13 > please refrain from asking him what's under that kilt -- at least buy
14 > him a drink first.
15 >
16 > Anyway, join me in welcoming Ciaran to the team.
17
18 Hi Ciaran,
19
20 Welcome. I'm from Edinburgh too and look forward to seeing at the local
21 EDLUG where you can join a few of us in advocating the wonders of gentoo to
22 the uninitiated over leisurely refreshment. I believe the linux install
23 weekend is coming up sometime in the near future and we have our binary
24 packages and install cds ready and revving to go. Needless to say, if I do
25 buy you a drink I won't be asking any questions afterwards. :)
26
27 Best wishes.
28 Dhruba Bandopadhyay.
31 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list